HispaSim is a web application developed by the Radiation Group for the analysis and optimization of satellite links. HispaSim has been developed in collaboration with GMV and the Customer Engineering Department of Hispasat. HispaSim aims to replace the current design systems of satellite communications networks based on desktop applications by a multiplatform web system.
HispaSim allows to define different groups of users with different profiles, according to the privileges for the use of the tool.
HispSimt is formed by four large modules:
- Simulator: this is the core part of the application and includes the engine for calculating and optimizing satellite links, as well as other utilities such as the processing of antenna files and geometries
- Administration: subaplication to manage critical elements of the system such as users, profiles, permissions, report templates, etc.
- Database: application object manager (stations, satellites and transponders, elements of the station, etc.)
- Station registration: module to request the registration of a station in the system
The results generated by HispaSim are displayed on a 2D, 2.5D or 3D map, which in turn can be incorporated into a customized report configured by the user.
HispaSim allows the user to close the complete design of a network design, starting from the requirements established by the client until the generation of different technical reports with design data. HispaSim stores the generated reports, that the user can configure to his measure using a template and a dictionary of parameters of results.
- Principal investigator: Ramón Martínez Rodríguez Osorio
- Participants: Ramón Martínez Rodríguez Osorio, Luis Escolar Haro, Miguel Calvo Ramón, Gregorio Juliana Quirós, Álvaro Rodríguez Villalba
- Funding: GMV and HISPASAT
- Partners: UPM, GMV, HISPASAT
- Duration: 2 años
- Project type: Contrato de investigación